One of the most powerful aspects of the StudioStack platform is reporting. The reporting dashboard provides a summary of how all stories are doing in a campaign, in aggregate as well as by story.
Detailed story reports show an exceptional amount of data to help you better understand your story performance, from reads, to active reading time, to clicks and traffic sources. StudioStack even measures scrolling behavior.
The StudioStack platform also has Moat and Google Analytics integrations for even more data.
There are two areas where reports can be viewed: either by creating a custom report (which also generates an external 'Share URL') to view aggregate results for a campaign, or by viewing reports for an individual story.
To view reports for a story:
- Click 'View Reports' next to a story.
- Select which analytics to view and click the 'Reports' button in the top right corner.
The screenshots and descriptions below explain what each section of Pressboard Analytics means:
- Overview and Realtime Report
- Attention Buckets
- Traffic Sources
1. Overview and Realtime Report
Quickly view metrics for a story at a glance, including total reads, average reading time, Facebook interactions and click-through rate. Realtime report shows the number of readers on your page at that moment.
How active are your readers? Say goodbye to clicks and impressions. Attention measurement takes content analysis to a whole new level. Our technology analyzes active reading time, from mouse movements, to scrolling behavior, to location on the story page. Find out not only if a story is engaging, but where readers are dropping off.
- Date Range: Visual representation of the number of reads over the set date range. Click the dates to change the date range for all report data
- Regions: Filter report data by the top ten regions your content was viewed from
- Reads: Number of reads on the story. This is measured based on the number of unique pageviews on the story page itself
- Average Reading Time: The amount of time that where the average reader is active. Active reading is calculated by following mouse movements and scrolling behavior. This is a vastly different measurement from Google Analytics’ time spent, which doesn't take into account active versus dormant time on the page
- Total Reading Time: Aggregate total of all active reading time on the story
3. Attention Buckets
This report allows you to group reads by the average active reading time to see where the majority of your readers sit in engagement time.
4. Traffic sources
Learn how much of the story readership is coming from social media compared to direct traffic, search traffic or referrals. Drill down deeper into the social traffic to see how many readers are coming from Facebook versus LinkedIn or other social platforms.
The locations report shows the geographic location of the reads. By clicking on the map, you can drill into and out of various countries. Break down the reads by country or even by province/state.
The viewability report shows where readers are dropping off in a story. This report also shows the average scrolling depth of the stories and how many people read the story in its entirety.
Learn what device readers are seeing your story on, whether it’s mobile, tablet or desktop.
The links report shows the number of clicks on the "Presented by" logo, the footer image, hyperlinks included in the footer message and any trackable links added to your campaign.
See also: Building Custom Reports