To create a NEW campaign:
- Open the ‘Campaigns’ tab
- Click the ‘New Campaign’ button at the top-right of the page (Note: User must have "Sales" role in order to create a new campaign)
- Add details including the campaign name, start and end dates and overview
- Click ‘Add’ to create the campaign
- Click ‘Add a Story’ to add publications and stories to the campaign (one per unique article URL, click the campaign menu icon to add more stories)
- Add Trackable URLs < click to review Help article
- Add Tracking Pixels < click to review Help article
- Implement UTMs in order to track the impact of individual traffic drivers (how those audiences are engaging on-page) all from within your StudioStack reporting dashboard
Activating analytics collection:
Now that your campaign set-up is complete, here's how to activate analytics:
- Add the exact URL of your content as it appears on your website to the 'Pressboard Analytics' and/or 'Google Analytics' sections and click ‘Add'
Note: The article URL in StudioStack must match the one on-site exactly, otherwise the sponsorship assets won't display and the analytics will not be shown in the reports. Do not change the URL of the sponsored story after it’s live and posted in StudioStack. If the URL must change, add the NEW URL to both the Pressboard and Google analytics sections respectively.
If your website has a separate mobile URL, or another desktop URL directing to the same story, please add both URLs to the campaign (e.g. a story is published as ‘http://www.abc.com/story’ on desktop and ‘http://m.abc.com/story’ for mobile)
Connect social analytics: You can connect other data sources, such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc, using the same process (click 'Add Post', 'Add Story', 'Add Channel', etc) and instead of a full URL, find the unique post identifier in the URL of each respective social post and append it to the report.
FACEBOOK - Adding an image/text or video share post
- Under 'Reports' tab, scroll down to 'Facebook Analytics' and click 'Add Post'
- Choose the Facebook Page on which the post was originally published, paste the string of numbers associated with the FB post (found in post URL)
- Click 'Save'
Facebook Analytics (lifetime) will appear within a few minutes of connecting a post.
Note: StudioStack does not currently track Instant Articles on Facebook. Please ensure the sponsored post is not an Instant Article.
INSTAGRAM - Adding an organic Post or Story
- Under 'Reports' tab, scroll down to 'Instagram Analytics' and click 'Add Post' or 'Add Story'
- Choose the Instagram handle on which the content was originally published, find and select the Post and/or Story for which you wish to retrieve analytics
- Click 'Save'
NOTE: Once appended to the Reports tab, Instagram Stories data will only appear in the dashboard 24 hours after it was first published in Instagram. An Instagram Story will be made available for selection from the list of Stories 1 hour after it is published. StudioStack archives all Posts/Stories and their respective results indefinitely.
YOUTUBE - Adding a video
- Under 'Reports' tab, scroll down to 'YouTube Analytics' and click 'Add Video'
- Choose the YouTube channel on which the video was originally published, paste the string of letters/numbers associated with the video (found in video URL)
- Click 'Save'
SEE ALSO: Collaborating in StudioStack